|First R-ski of the season!|
I've made some great plans to train full time with my good friends Amanda Ammar, Zoe Roy and Chandra Crawford. We are all outside of Cross Country Canada's "System" and working together as each other's own support network to reach our goals in 2013-2014.
Team Ninja has something of an oath that one must take in order to be sworn in as an official member. Amanda is the brains behind it but I think it really captures the big picture goals that will help us get the most out of ourselves as athletes:
1) You must swear to always have fun
2) You must promise to only be competitive at the appropriate times
3) You must be ready to throw down at all workouts
3) You must keep grumpiness to a minimum
4) You must never laugh at a teammate for wearing makeup during workouts
5) You must always wear your team bling proudly
|Skiing with our friend Cindy in Team Ninja headbands at Mount Shark, May 2013|
|Modelling our Team Bling while volunteering at a Fast & Female event in Whistler|
|Team Ninja 1-2-4 at Western Canadian Champs, February 2013|
We've already been tearing up the mountain bike trails, pumping iron in the gym, running, skiing and even rollerskiing this month. This weekend we will travel to Bend, Oregon for our first official training camp of the season. The U.S women's team will be there to train with and there's still snow at Mt. Bachelor so it promises to be an awesome time.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more Ninja fun!