Friday, 31 May 2013

Bend Trends & May Stats

Bend was awesome. Totally rad and more fun than I even imagined. Training feels so dang easy when you are just having fun all day every day. We even got to go mountain biking this year! This didn't happen last year and I think I cried myself to sleep over it a few nights...

The crew out on the trails: Muffy, Amanda, Casey, Me, Chandi and Zo-ella

Holy shit having fun!

As a recreational (and retired academic) Economist, I like stats and numbers. Here are a few fun ones from Bend and May:

1) Team Max chin-up test results:
Amanda 15 - big winner this month!!
Chandra 13
Alana 13
Zoe 7.5 ...... We're coming for you, Kikkan!

2) Days on XC skis in May: 7
3) Days mountain biked in May: 6
4) Intensity workouts in May: 6 (does not include hammerfest MTB rides.)
5) Days of training with at least 1 other NINJA: 16!!

We also hit up another awesome Fast and Female event while in Bend, there were nearly 50 girls out having fun and hanging with the big girls.



Another thing I'm pretty stoked about right now are the new Fast and Female trucker hats. They are in the "I Support" line so they are hot for both girls and dudes.

Amanda models the hat while serving rest day brunch. Obviously I need to finish my coffee.

The hats are $20 each and all proceeds go to support getting more girls involved in F&F programs, send a note to store@fastandfemale.com if you want one!

Americans Simi Hamilton (US Ski Team), Matt Whitcomb (USST Coach) and rad dude Sylvan Ellefson rock the hats

In other news, although I am enjoying reading the reality-tv-like news about Rob Ford, I am terribly worried about the current state of the city I was born in.


Thanks for checking in!

Thanks Matt Briggs, new Ninja friend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment