Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Training update: One month in!

I've been back at work as a full time athlete for about a month now and training has been going great! I got back to Canmore from the Bend camp (see previous blog) about a week ago and after taking a couple of easier days to recover from the first block of training I'm back to doing great workouts and having great energy.

Training highlights from the past week have been a run workout with 1500m repeats, a wicked awesome mountian bike ride at the nordic centre with Brittany, Alysson, Annika and Kendra, a satisfying new strength routine and a zone 3 tempo skate workout up Norquay on the rollerskis.

Here's a video of the skate workout up Norquay in case you want to check out what rollerskiing (or "faux-skiing" as my Fresh Air friends like to call it) up big hills is all about. I'm dressed as a ninja wearing the blue & white helmet right in the first shot.



Aside from training, its been really nice to have some time to settle into life and a routine in Canmore. My house is now almost fully unpacked and I've even managed to find a cool new part-time job - more details on that later... :)

Thanks for checking in!

Just for fun, here's Erin, Heidi and I with a new friend post ski in Bend

No comments:

Post a Comment